Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

West Wood family, First Sheriff of Perry County 1820

Posted by TeriHankins 
West Wood family, First Sheriff of Perry County 1820
October 05, 2010 05:06PM
I am searching for any available information concerning West Wood, who was the first sheriff of Perry County in 1820. I have found a little information but basically only the fact that he was indeed the first sheriff. And I think there might have been a tie of some kind with William Holmes Sr. born about 1783. I found on an ancestry.com page referring to William Holmes "1-15-1821 Surveys for William Holmes and West Wood R11, S3, 160 acres

On down the page West Wood is listed as the sheriff who was apoointed in 1820 at the house of James Dickson on Lick Creek. William Holmes was elected one of the magistrates (Joseph Brown was chairman).

My family information is that West Wood had a son named William Wood who married Sarah Onstott and they had a son named Andrew Jackson (Jack) Wood who was the father of my paternal grandfather, Henry Elbert Wood of Commerce, TX. I would so like find more information on West Wood and a picture of him and/or his family if anyone can possibly help me. Thanks. Teri
Re: West Wood family, First Sheriff of Perry County 1820
January 30, 2011 12:21AM
Teri,

I am a descendent of West Wood (my ggg grandfather). I have just found some old papers in my mother's belongings that provide family names and lines back to West Wood. I knew my grandmother was a Wood (Betty Dallas Wood Sharp) but did not know much about them. Everyone with the history has already passed on. I would love to learn more if you would like to correspond with me. I live in Texas. I don't know if I can post my e-mail or not but here it is lizberger@hotmail.com Would love to hear from you.