Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

French Family

Posted by Shelia 
French Family
December 26, 2010 07:10PM
I am researching the French family, particularly Rube French, my grandfather. Rube was born December 8, 1884 ( I have heard in Perry Co). He died in 1969 in Dyer Co.

I know very little other than bits and pieces. I remember Floyd Camer calling Rube uncle. Fisher is a family name I remember. I know my grandmother, Tidy Warren who married Rube, had a sister Elmira Warren Fisher and they lived in Perry Co.

Rube is listed on the 1900 census living as a boarder or uncle with Emiline Welch. I found a Rube, Leslie, and Brown French in a book, West Tennessee's Forgotten Children. Rube was about the age my grandfather would have been at the time. They went to live with a W H Fisher and were listed as farming. I went to the Perry Co courthouse but these records have burned. My father said that Rube was a hobo and I have heard Rube had several brothers.

On his SSI app Rube listed Jim and Carrie as his parents but my aunt listed Tom and Katherine as his parents on his death certificate.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Any info at all may be of help.
Re: French Family
September 28, 2011 08:03PM
there is a web site with the french family from the 1600s my g aunt Ora May Goodman married a french he is in there , if you will send me your e mail or web page or something I will try to look it up and forward it to you
Elsie
Re: French Family
September 29, 2011 06:21PM
Thank you. My e-mail is s.curtis1000@gmail.com