Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Randolph (Randall) DePriest

Posted by JimD 
Randolph (Randall) DePriest
May 17, 2010 10:25PM
I am a descendent of the DePriests that settled in Perry County and Hickman County. He settled there in the early 1800s. He had moved there from South Carolina and before that he lived in Virginia. I would like to know about the family in Tenessee.
Re: Randolph (Randall) DePriest
September 22, 2010 06:58PM
Are you still looking for information on Depriest in Hickman County Tennessee? If you are still looking, I can tell you how to find a lot of information. I am a decendant of Randolph Depriest, and knew a lot of the Depriest family members at Farmers Exchange Tennessee.
November 07, 2010 12:50AM
I am descended from Randolph/Randall DePriest also and would be interested in finding out more information. Can you share?
October 12, 2012 01:55PM
Randall Depriest was my great great great grandfather. My great great grandfather was Pleasant Whitfield Depriest. He moved to Perry county after grown. He served in the 42nd TN infantry CSA in the Civil War. Two of his brothers served in the 10th TN calvary with Nathan Bedford Forrest. One was William Harrison Depriest. Others of Randall's sons stayed in Hickman county. Including Andrew Jackson Depriest. He also served in the Confederate army. My grandfather on Depriest side was Grady Depriest. The family orginally came to Va. in the late 1600's. Robert Deprusse, later changed to Depriest settled in New Kent county Va. We were Huegnots from south France. Old Robert left after the repeal of the Edict of Nantes. From there we spread about everywhere. Depriests were in the American Revolution as well as the French and Indian Wars. And every war since. In Perry county we used to own most of Deer creek behind Pineview. Hope this information helps.