Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lawson Walter Henry

Posted by tennsherry 
Lawson Walter Henry
August 02, 2012 07:18PM
My Great Great Grandfather was Lawson Walter Henry.He married Susan Martin in 1848-49 in Roane County. He was born in 1808 in North Carolina and was 22 years older than Susan .Lawson and Susan settled in Kingston where they raised their family. Their son,James Martin Henry was my Great Grandfather.He married Samantha Emma Wyatt.James Henry was a steamboat engineer and his brother,Governor Henry was a ship builder and carpenter. There was another brother,John Henry.I have been looking for a long time trying to find out which "Henry Line" my Lawson descended from and who exactly was his father. There is a possibility that his Mother may have been a "Lawson".If anyone has a record of a Henry/Lawson Marriage that took place prior to 1808 possibly in North Carolina but also maybe in Tennesse then I will be very grateful if you could answer this query.I have all records available for Lawson Henry and his Marriage to Susan Martin but nothing about his birth or death. In the 1870 census he was alive listed as an Invalid but was dead in the 1880 census. He was probably buried in Bethel Cemetery but there is no marked grave for him since his death no doubt occured only a few years after the Civil War when the South was still suffering from so much destruction and graves were not properly marked. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Sharon Dickson Dowlen
Signal Mountain,Tennessee
Re: Lawson Walter Henry
September 28, 2013 08:39AM
The Lawsons who were in Roane early were from Hawkins Co., Tn. and they came in from Patrick , Henry and Pittsylvania Co., Va.
My husband was from Elijah Lawson who married a Gallaher. I believe her brother John B. married Joanna Martin in Greene Co., Tn in 1808. and they lived in Roane Co. . John believed to have died here.
Joanna daughter of Thomas Martin. Her sister Mary Martin married Elijah's brother Isham Lawson and their line were in Bradley Co., Tn.
They were children of William and Sarah Hinton Lawson who came to Hawkins Co. C: 1778 from Va. They had a big family.
I think the Henry's were in Blount Co. and Roane.
Kay