Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

William Rogers Buried at Chapel Hill Methodist Cemetery in Dunlap

Posted by GENPICS1968 
William Rogers Buried at Chapel Hill Methodist Cemetery in Dunlap
November 27, 2012 08:19AM
According to Zella Armstrong the William Rogers buried at Chapel Hill Cemetery in Sequatchie Co. TN is a RW soldier from Bedford Co. VA. According to the pension records found for William Rogers of Bedford Co. VA he finally moved to Hamilton Co. TN after moving around the country. When he died, it was in Hamilton Co. TN and was about 1835 according to his pension records. Therefore, he was buried in Hamilton Co. TN. To date I have not found any of his descendants nor has anyone gone in the DAR on this man. Because Zella Armstrong did not understand the actual formation of the creation of Sequatchie Co. TN she made an incorrect assumption that William Rogers the RW soldier NOW rests in Sequatchie Co. TN in the Chapel Hill Methodist Cemetery.

The REAL William Rogers buried in Dunlap is MY ancestor William Rogers who was born after the RW (ca 1793) and died in 1849 in Marion Co. TN which is NOW Sequatchie Co. TN . I have a documented paper trail to prove that this is MY ancestor regardless of what has been said on the internet over the years or what Zella Armstrong's book on Hamilton Co. says. Therefore, if anyone needs proof of who is really buried in the grave marked William Rogers, I will be glad to send it to them. I only ask that the REAL William Rogers rests in peace in his grave in Dunlap and that he is NO longer replaced by the RW William Rogers from Hamilton Co. TN.

Eleanor Rogers Edmondson
DESCENDANTS OF DOSWELL ROGERS