Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smiling bouncing smileyFather of Nickolus Golden

Posted by bbbarrett 
smiling bouncing smileyFather of Nickolus Golden
January 29, 2012 08:19PM
smiling smileyNicholas Alexander Charles Columbus Golden is my great grandfather. He was born on 13 Jun 1846 in White Co., TN. His mother was Nancy Golden. Golden is her maidian name. His grandfather was Enoch Golden and his grandmother was Lucy Googe. All from White Co. I am looking for any information who his father was. On Ancestrey.com, David Scott England, born 1817, is listed as his father but there is no record showing the proof of the fact.
Is there any way to determine if David England was his father and if not, how can I find out who was?? I have researced all the census data and find Nancy living with either her father, with Nicholas her son or, with her dauther-in-law, after Nicholas died, until her death in 1907. I have not been found any records that she either married or lived with David England.

Please, can anyone give me any information on Nicholas' father or point me in the right direction?
Thank you.
Billie
Re: smiling bouncing smileyFather of Nickolus Golden
February 07, 2012 02:08AM
Have you tried the White County Arcives? The woman that works there is cleaning and filing a lot of old records,she maybe able to help. She is really good.

There maybe a court case involving the people you are looking for.

My mom found John Massa went to court and stated that 2 children were his, one went by the name Duncan, the other by Massa,

gotten on the body of Susanah Duncan widow of William Duncan.

Have a great day

Bettie in TN
February 07, 2012 08:02PM
Dear Bettie Goolsby,
Thank you for the info. I will look into it.
Billie Barrett
February 24, 2013 05:22PM
Just starting research on my family. Lucy Golden was my great grandmother. I understand he was a Cherokee Indian. But I had DNA tests run on my mother's side of the family and it did not show up as any Indian but the female line came from Europe. She was from White County. I don't have much proof of anything right now until I can dig out some old papers. I had that Lucy Jane Golden married Obie Wright (or Obe Wright). Can anyone help with further information?
Caffie Durham Jones in Springfield, Tn
P.S. My mother's maiden name was Rittenberry.
February 26, 2013 02:31AM
People want all of Middle TN to be Cherokee, but most of us are Scotch -Irish, and we also have some German (my Rector family) in this area.
I have 11 generations in Jackson, White and later Putnam in 1854.

The Golden name is a familiar one, a Mr Golden that used to be at TN Tech was redheaded, but I do not remember what his other name was, he retired and died later.

The Golden Mountain is a beautiful place, there were many families that lived there.

Did you contact the White County TN archives and talk to Geraldine? she may be able to help you.

Thank you for writing and have a great day.

Bettie Sue Goolsby archivist,
Putnam County TN Cemetery Records
TN Gen Web Cemetery Database