Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calvin Lasater and Harmon Lasater

Posted by jplas3 
Calvin Lasater and Harmon Lasater
August 01, 2011 08:57AM
My name is John P. Lasater III. My great great grandfather was Calvin Lasater who, along with his presumed brother, Harmon Lasater, moved from Wilson County to Henry County in about 1852. No one that I know or have met doing geneaology on the Lasater family have been able to determine for certain who Calvin's and Harmon's parents were. I have been able to find a Wilson County court record dated 3/25/1828 page 373 of the Orphan Court Records the following: "It is ordered by the court that Calvin Lasater be bound unto William Bettis until he arrives at full age when _____ ______ hand/land as the law demanded. Ordered that the court adjourn until ___morning 9 o'clock. B Donglap, J.S. McCain, G. H. Sessions." Calvin would have been 13 when this court action took place. Also, Calvin married Martha Goldston in Wilson County and both Calvin and Harmon are found in at least two of the early census records prior to 1852.

I know that there are a lot of Lasaters living in Wilson County and that they have an annual Lasater reunion. Perhaps one of them might be able to solve this mystery for us. Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Calvin Lasater and Harmon Lasater
October 08, 2011 08:25AM
Hi James:

I, too, am a Lasater descendant. If you will go to: www.rootsweb.com you will find information about your folks. There are conflicts out there, but maybe you can figure it out.

You can contact me at: gwenboyd2@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Gwen