Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stewart/Davis Families

Posted by Jim Wilson 
Stewart/Davis Families
May 31, 2010 10:32AM
I am a descendant of John Stewart, son of William Stewart and Elizabeth Guyton, and Sarah Davis, daughter of William Davis and Susannah Hixson. I am interested in exchanging information with researchers connected to these families.
Based on two affidavits in the application that Sarah Davis Stewart filed for a War of 1812 widow's pension, John and Sarah were married in Bledsoe County in 1815 by Timothy Hixson, JP.
Jim Wilson
Re: Stewart/Davis Families
March 18, 2011 03:17PM
I am also a descendant of John Stewart and Sarah Davis. Would love to exchange information.thumbs up
August 26, 2011 02:09PM
I also, am a descendant of John and Sarah.....I think......this is what I know and can prove: ....my ggf is William James Stewart, b. 1820, somewhere in Tenn.....according to ancestry.com he COULD be a son of John and Sarah Stewart and COULD be born in Waldens Ridge, Bledsoe County.

I have some later records of his first family in DeSoto County, MS (1840-1850), and his second family in Arkansas in 1865-1880

So far I have not been able to confirm his birth or death...can anyone out there help me with it.....where can I find some confirmation?....anybody have records that would help? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated
August 27, 2011 01:24PM
Can you send me details of John Stewart's service in the military?

Do you have any more information on John's and Sara's children?....especially William, b. 1820?
October 03, 2011 06:48PM
Jim...do you have any info on one of John and Sarah's sons....namely my ggf....William, b. 1820 in Waldens Ridge, Bledsoe County. Looking for his death date, any children he may have had, and where he lived in later life...many thanks...Don Steward.
April 12, 2012 11:53AM
Don,
So sorry to be so long in replying to your message. I guess I was expecting to get a notification if anyone posted a reply to my original message, but that was not the case. I only checked back to this board a couple of days ago and found several follow up messages.
I think it is quite possible that you William James Stewart was a son of John Stewart and Sarah Davis. I have a son for them by the name of William Stewart, b. about 1821 in Tennessee and died 1862-1870 in Shoal Creek township, Johnson County, Arkansas. The last time I found him was in the 1860 census. I show another son, Robert, also in Shoal Creek Township, Johnson County, Arkansas at about the same time. I have William's wife as Minerva and that they had three children: Timothy, Mary A & Marion, all born in Arkansas.
If this sounds like your family contact me at jim_wilson1@comcast.net. John Stewart served in Capt Preston's company in the regiment of Col Brown in the War of 1812. I have done quite a lot of research on this family. You can find a picture of John and Sarah's tombstones on Findagrave.com, Owen Family Cemetery, Greene County, Missouri.
Jim Wilson
April 12, 2012 11:56AM
Kelly,
I just recently realized that you had responded to my original post. I expected to get a notification if a reply was posted but that apparently is not how it works.
I wolud be happy to exchange information on John and Sarah's family. Please feel free to contact me at jim_wilson1@comcast.net
Jim Wilson
October 31, 2012 06:55AM
I am researching the Davis family. My ancestor, Joseph Davis, is the brother of Sarah Davis. I have gotten documentation back to Greene Co. TN and am now researching in SC. Are you back this far?
Eleanor