Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smiling bouncing smileyLooking for Rollins information

Posted by bbbarrett 
smiling bouncing smileyLooking for Rollins information
January 29, 2012 07:49PM
smiling smileyI am looking for information on my mother's first husband family, he was Roy Dean Rollins from Pikeville, Bledsoe Co., TN. He was born in 1898. His father was George Washington Rollins (Rollens 1900 census) who was born Oct 1855. He died sometime after 1901 but before 1910. I was always told he died in a train wreck but have no facts. He was a railroad engineer. His father is listed on the 1900 census as William E. Rollins (Rollens) born Oct 1822 place unknown. George's birth place is listed as TN but William's birth place is not listed. It has a line through the block. George married Lenna Bracken in 1895 and they had 2 children Roy and Grace Rollins. George was married before, wife unknown, they had 6 children. I am looking for the following:

1. What is the date of George Rollins' death?
2. Who was George's mother?
3. Where was William Rollins born?
4. When did William Rollins die?
5. Who was George's 1st wife?
6. When did she die?

Please, can anyone help answer the above questions?
Thank you.
Billie
Re: smiling bouncing smileyLooking for Rollins information
April 14, 2012 03:23PM
I am descended from a woman named Betty Evans who was born around 1871 in Marion Co, TN, but moved to Bledsoe. Her madien name is either Rollins, Rowland, or Roland (we aren't sure which) and we aren't sure who her parents were. She may be related to this Rollins man somehow.
April 14, 2012 03:50PM
Also, it may be hard to determine information on this specific George Rollins because there was another living in Bledsoe Co who was born about 10 years later, the son of Daniel Rollins (maybe a cousin).
June 19, 2012 08:14PM
George W. Rollins
15 Oct 1855
12 Jun 1902 Bledsoe Co., Tn
Pikeville City Cem., Bledsoe Co., Tn

Grace Rollins
4 Jan 1901 Bledsoe Co., Tn
19 Feb 1935 Hamilton Co., Tn
Pikeville City Cem., Bledsoe Co., Tennessee