Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ancestor in Fairfield Cemetery

Posted by NStarSally 
Ancestor in Fairfield Cemetery
July 15, 2010 03:02PM
My ancestor, Christopher Shaw, is buried in the "Old Burying ground of the New Hope Baptist Church" there in Fairfield, Bedford County. He died in 1832. I am told there is a fine monument at his grave with his Revolutionary War Record carved on it. Also, that his wife Mary and two sons are buried there with him. I have recently come across information that his father, Thomas Shaw, came with him to Tennessee in or around 1808 and died there. Thomas also fought in the Revolution and I believe was a Colonel. Is there any sign of a gravesite for Thomas? Are there records going back that far?
Also, I would love to have a picture of Christopher's Monument. Is there anyone who has such a picture or who would take one for me. I would be glad to pay for it.
Thanks,
Sally Shaw Bradbury,
Palm Desert, CA
Re: Ancestor in Fairfield Cemetery
March 02, 2012 07:59AM
i went to find a grave. com and there he was. b oct 1765 SC d. 1832 on his site there is àn obit posted.

there was no thomas listed but there were 2 marys.
mary b. 1779 d. 1861
mary b. 1799 d. 1861

david w. j. b. shaw b. ? died jan 3 1826
william c. shaw b. jul 6 1833 d. aug 21 1852
good luck.
Re: Ancestor in Fairfield Cemetery
March 17, 2012 10:41PM
smiling smileyHey again! I requested that a find a grave "graver" go to the cem and take pictures of the graves there are two.. jenny craig volunteered and did a fine job. Please visit christopher shaw memorial at find a grave .com and consider joining... it is free i promise!plus jenny offered to email a nice readable copy just go visit memorial clik on her name and request it using my name as referral.yawning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2012 11:46PM by gloriamlh.