MOORES & RICH'S IN CLAY CO.
February 24, 2012 04:55PM
CAN ANYONE SHED LIGHT ON THE FOLLOWING ?

MY GREAT GRANDFATHER, BENJAMIN C. MOORE, MARRIED CHARLOTTE BELLE COFFELT IN 1892, FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF HIS 1st WIFE, REBECCA ANN RUSH. BEN AND CHARLOTTE HAD 2 SONS TOGETHER, OMER GARLAND MOORE AND CHARLIE B. MOORE, MY GRANDFATHER. BEN DIED 4-5 MONTHS AFTER MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN 1895.

CHARLOTTE THEN MARRIED WILLIAM "WILL" RICH AND HAD 3 SONS TOGETHER; HOBART,EDMOND & CLYDE.

IN THE U.S CENSUS OF 1900 OMER IS ENTERED AS OMER MOORE. THE MOORE IS STRUCK THROUGH AND THE NAME RICH IS
WRITTEN IN. HE IS LISTED AS A SON. CHARLIE IS ENTERED AS CHARLIE MOORE, STEPSON.

IN THE U.S. CENSUS OF 1910 BOTH OMER AND CHARLIE ARE SHOWN WITH THE LAST NAME RICH AND LISTED AS SONS..

IN THE U.S. CENSUS OF 1900 THE NAMES BEN, GRUNDY AND ARIZONA APPEAR AS RICH'S FROM WILL'S PREVIOUS MARRIAGE
TO AMANDA ISABELLE HEAD. BUT IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL PAGE TRANSCRIPTIONS IN ANCESTRY.COM, THEY ARE ALL 3 SHOWN AS MOORES IN PARENTHESES BELOW THEIR NAMES ENDING IN RICH.

I FOUND A NOTE IN MY GRANDFATHER'S PAPERS WITH THE NAME ALBERT GRUNDY MOORE.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS ?

THANKS, WIN MOORE
Re: MOORES & RICH'S IN CLAY CO.
May 27, 2012 04:27PM
I hope you get an answer to this quiry. But census takers were often sloppy and so apparently is ancestry.com. I don't belong to ancestry.com because most of what info they are selling you is free if you can find the source, usually government.
But Albert Grundy Rich is my grandfather and he is Will and Amanda Isabelle's son. so is Benton, who was their oldest child and Arizona is their daughter, who was their youngest. I believe I have shared this with you before, but ancestry.com seems to have confused you.
I knew I didn't trust them to get it right.

Rose Ellen Rich