Stubblefield Hollow / Cemetery on Wartrace Hwy - 262
November 07, 2013 02:11PM
On highway 262, at the Jackson County and Macon County line,on the right hand side of the road that you have to cross the creek and over into the hay field. This is called the Stubblefield Hollow. You can drive all the way up into the head of that hollow and you will see an old tobacco barn up in the woods slightly to your left. At this point, you will see a loggin road that goes up the hill to your right on a slight angle. about 50 to 100 feet on the property line side of Macon County just to the right of the road are about 5 to 7 field stones turned up on their edge. I was told that this was a cemetery and I do have pictures of the field rock there. I do know that my Great Grandfather Author Stubblefield and my Grand mother Clovis Stubblefield Davenport and other brother and sisters lived there when they where all little.

I am trying to find out if someone just might know who would be buried there or the actual name of the cemetery. Any help would be appreciated or if you could forward my email to someone else that would possible might guide me in the right direction. I would appreciate it so much.Thank you so much in advance. Have a great day....
Re: Stubblefield Hollow / Cemetery on Wartrace Hwy - 262
December 07, 2013 07:08AM
This may not be of any help, but I found an unknown cemetery on Wartrace Highway,
Book says (Civil District #2. Map 054. Note: This cemetery is map spotted just before the Howell Cemetery. It was looked for but not found.)
Then in Campground Cemetery Wartrace Cemetery Lane, Jackson County Cemetery book, I find:
Clois (Orba) Davenport 1912-1980 D/o Arthur S. & Eliza J. (Davenport) Stubblefield
Warren Davenport 1909 - 1988 S/o Jeff & Eliza (Sneed) Davenport ?????
Louie Gray Davenport 1938-1992 S/o Warren & Clois (.......) Davenport ????
Is this all correct?
bstark9192@frontiernet.net
December 09, 2013 07:08AM
Thank you so much for the information you sent.
The Campground Cemetery - all that information is my family and is correct. The unknown cemetery "Book says (Civil District #2. Map 054. Note: This cemetery is map spotted just before the Howell Cemetery. It was looked for but not found.) " I don't have a cemetery book avaible to find the location of the Howell Cemetery. There is a Howell Cemetery on Gladdice Hwy/Richardson Hollow. I will try and locate this Howell Cemetery up at the Macon and Jackson County Line. Once again thank you for replying to my post.
December 13, 2013 05:42AM
I have found three Howell cemeteries. this is the only one with the name Gladdice in directions.
Thomas S. Howell Cemetery; Civil District 02. Map 054. Parcel 011.00. Size 250x130x200x55.
From Gainesboro take Hwy 53 toward Granville and turn right on Hwy 262 going toward Gladdice.
The cemetery will be on your left just past the intersection of Indian Creek Road and Hwy 85 (Gladdice Road)
Betty