Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jackson-Johnson

Posted by Bettie Goolsby 
Jackson-Johnson
April 25, 2010 04:25PM
I am looking for any information about this family.

The 1850 TN Jackson County census , District 14
Edward Jackson 25, Pherby 17, Lousia 8/12.

The 1860 TN Jackson County census Ed.B. Johnson, Pherby Jackson 39, Eliza 10, Nancy 8, Elizabeth 7, Sarah 5, Scintha 4, Margaret2.

1870 Tn Jackson County
Ferby Jackson 37, Louisa D. 20 Nancy 18, Ferby E. 17, Sarah S. 15 Syntha 13 , Margaret 11, James 9, Thomas H. 8 , William W. 5, Darthely 1.

1880 TN Jackson
Ferby Jackson 46, William 15, Darthley 10,

Are these children Jackson's Where did they go? where are they buried? Who did they marry?

What happened to Ferby?, What happened to Ed?
Thank you for any help.
Bettie in TN
Re: Jackson-Johnson
August 22, 2010 01:22PM
Hi,

I am looking for information on this family too. I am 99.9% certain that the Louisa D. "Eliza" Jackson listed in these census records was my husband's GG Grandmother. I have quite a bit of information on Louisa, but pathetically little on her parents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 02:47PM by Sharon Meadows.
October 13, 2010 08:45AM
Where did you find Louisa?
Thank you
Bettie in TN
February 26, 2011 12:58PM
Louisa D. "Eliza" Jackson was quite an "interesting" woman. She married several times. Based on names in a bible that is in my possession, marriage records and court records, I have some of the men she married as an unknown Kinniard, Richard "Babe" Osborn, William H. Keith, and James Richardson. Ultimately, she married Charles F. "Charlie" Meadows.

Eliza and Charlie are on the 1900 Jackson County, Tennessee census with their children, Feriby Lula, John and Howard. From Jackson County, they moved to White County and can be found on the 1910 White County, Tennessee census with their oldest son, John.

Charlie died in Aug of 1912. Eliza is on the 1920 White County, Tennessee census, living with her daughter Alcie (daughter of William H. Keith) and 4 of Alcie's children. On the 1930 Putnam County, Tennessee census, Eliza is living with her oldest son, John Meadows and his family. John was my husband's grandfather.

Louisa died 2 months after the census was taken in Ravenscroft, Putnam County, Tennessee on 16 Jun 1930. According to her death certificate and family stories she is buried at France Cemetery, however, when my husband and I visited the cemetery two years ago, we found no marker.

I would love to find out more information about Louisa's parents and siblings. I believe she was the daughter of Edward B. Jackson and Feriby Billingsley, however her death certificate lists her parents as Ed Jackson and Lou Bilbury.

Four of Eliza's grandchildren through her son John are still living.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 01:37PM by Sharon Meadows.
February 27, 2011 05:25AM
Good Morning:

You maybe correct with your information, it is your family.

Sometimes we are given correct information and sometimes we are given incorrect information
On the Putnam County Certificate of Death, Eliza D. Meadows is listed as born 12 Mar 1850, died 16 June 1930.

In the 1850 TN Jackson County census Ferby is listed as being 17, that would have her born ca. 1833.

If that is correct she would be almost 100 years of age when she died.

Also if she died at Ravencroft, it would be highly unlikley that she would have been taken to France Cemetery. That was a long way

back then. They would have had to go to Sparta and then to France Cemetery.

If she died at Ravenscroft she would have had a Certificate of Death from White County TN.

Like I said your informtion maybe correct, but I would look and see if I could find some more information.

Good Luck

Bettie in TN
February 27, 2011 05:56PM
You wrote: "On the Putnam County Certificate of Death, Eliza D. Meadows is listed as born 12 Mar 1850, died 16 June 1930".

That information is correct, and her son, John Meadows (my husband's grandfather), was the informant.

You wrote: "In the 1850 TN Jackson County census Ferby is listed as being 17, that would have her born ca. 1833".

That is correct. The census record lists Feriby as 17. Her child, Louisa "Eliza" was 8 months old.

You wrote: "If that is correct she would be almost 100 years of age when she died".

Eliza's mother, Feriby, was born about 1833, not Eliza. Feriby died about 1905. Eliza died in 1930.

You wrote: "Also if she died at Ravencroft, it would be highly unlikley that she would have been taken to France Cemetery. That was a long way back then. They would have had to go to Sparta and then to France Cemetery. If she died at Ravenscroft she would have had a Certificate of Death from White County TN."

First of all, though her death certificate says Ravenscroft, John Meadows actually lived at the corner of Glade Creek Road and Belka Lane, which is down the road a bit from Ravenscroft, where Eliza's daughter lived. Eliza lived with John Meadows and his family, but occasionally he would take her to visit her daughter, Alcie, in Ravenscroft. Second, as I stated, the death certificate STATES France Cemetery in black and white, but my husband and I did NOT find a marker. We also noted the distance the cemetery was from both Ravenscroft, and John Meadows' property in Glade Creek, but again, the death certificate states burial was in France Cemetery.

I have no solid proof that our Eliza was the daughter of Feriby Billingsley, but I believe she was. I look forward to any information that could prove otherwise.

Thank you for your input Bettie in TN.

Sharon Meadows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 06:34PM by Sharon Meadows.
October 06, 2011 02:08PM
Hi Bettie:

Were you able to find anything more on the Jackson family? My mother is Daffo Aline Parrish - her parents were Grundy and Mary Dee Jackson Parrish. Mary Dee's parents were Millie Dee Young and James Howard Jackson. Given this other information you have - then her great-grandparents on her mother's side would have been Edward B Jackson and Pherby D (Billingsley?) Jackson. If I read your posts correctly, then her gg-grandparents would have been Eli J Jackson and Hannah (Davidson?) Jackson. My Mom is now 89 and still going strong - just today she remembered that her grandmother Millie had a brother named "Little Berry" smiling smiley If you have any other information on the Parrish or Jackson family that would be great. By the way - my Mom married Luke Lee Jenkins (his father was George Tomer Jenkins). My Mom is one of 9 children and my Dad was one of 9 children.
February 02, 2013 03:47PM
I am sorry I have been busy and have not even looked at the queries.

No I did not work on those lines again, maybe I will sometime.

I have been selected to be archivist for the Putnam County cemetery records for TN Gen Web Cemetery Database,

an early birthday present. I have been very busy with the cemeteries.

Thank you for writing and have a great week

Bettie in TN