RAGLAND, MEADOR, ROBINSON, LITTON, RICHMOND, SELLS
January 09, 2011 01:32PM
AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION TO CONNECT PERMELIA MEADOR RAGLAND [wife of William Marshall Ragland - Jackson County, TN] TO HER FATHER, JOBE MEADOR [son of Isham Meador - Macon County, Tennessee].

Completing DAR papers on Isham Meador. I am his direct descendant through Jobe Meador, Permelia Meador Ragland, Aleatha Ragland Brown, Samuel Robinson Brown, Leatha Ann Brown Apple and Louise Apple Moss [my mother]. Have all generations proved except I lack official documentation that Permelia Meador Ragland was the daughter of Jobe Meador. Family notes and stories have stated that fact but DAR requires a "proven" link or a letter attempting to prove the link through a variety of circumstances. The burning of the Jackson County courthouse has made it difficult to find documentation prior to 1870s.

I will gladly share all my information with anyone interested. I am already a DAR member based on lineage of JOHH RICHMOND, HENRY SELLS, JOHN RICHARD LITTON and HEZEKIAH ROBINSON. Will be glad to share that information also.

Thank you,
Linda Moss Mines
Re: RAGLAND, MEADOR, ROBINSON, LITTON, RICHMOND, SELLS
February 18, 2011 02:21AM
WE ARE NEW AT THIS AND STARTING ON THE D.A.R. RESEARCH..........MY HUSBAND'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY IS SET AND WE HAVE HIS MOM'S NUMBER BUT I AM WORKING ON MINE...I SEE SOME INTERESTING INFORMATION IN THIS NOTE....I SEE A ISHAM MEADOR (1762-1840) MARRIED TO BIDDY BRADSHAW AND A SON JOBE ( b.1785), WILLIAM (b.1786)..etc..IN MY LINE OF RELATIVES. IS THIS THE SAME THAT YOU REFER TO? I AM FROM MISSOURI AND MY FAMILY WAS FROM THE CASSVILLE, MO AREA....AS I SAY, I AM JUST GETTING STARTED ON THIS PROCESS....GCN
Re: RAGLAND, MEADOR, ROBINSON, LITTON, RICHMOND, SELLS
February 26, 2011 01:10PM
I believe my Meadows line is also through Jobe. Permelia's brother, Charles that married Rachel (MNU) and settled in Jackson County, Tennessee, was my husband's 3rd great grandfather.

Now, having said that, I too have no real documentation, but I am looking. My husband and I are planning a trip to Gainesboro, Tennessee this June, and though there were fires in the courthouse I am really hoping to find SOMETHING. If I do, I will let you know.