Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridges family

Posted by mustangcindy 
Bridges family
November 16, 2011 03:35PM
My great grandmother was Rosa Lee Hargrove. She married a Bridges, I believe his name was William Thomas Bridges. Rosa Lee was born in 1865. I do not know what year she married Mr. Bridges. I do know that he died, and in 1893 she married William Vincent Robinson. Can anyone verify that his name was William Bridges? Also, I can't find his grave anywhere. Her second husband Mr. Robinson is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Carroll County, and I would like to find Mr. Bridges as well. Rosa Lee and Mr. Bridges had one son, Luther Thomas Bridges. Luther and Rosa Lee moved to El Reno, Oklahoma after the death of her second husband in 1917 and they are buried in Rose Hill Cemetery in Oklahoma City. Luther and Rosa Lee can be found on findagrave.com, as well as William Vincent Robinson. Any info on the Bridges would be much appreciated.

Cindy
Re: Bridges family
December 07, 2011 08:33AM
Here is what I found at Ancestry.com:
Record Index

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: R L Hargrove
Spouse: W T Bridges
Marriage Date: 26 Nov 1885
Marriage County: Carroll
Source Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record URL: [search.ancestry.com]

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
Original data: Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002. Nashville, TN, USA: Tennessee State Library and Archives. Microfilm.

Hopefully this will help a bit. I will try and find burial information. If I find anything else, I'll post it.

Sheila Hopkins
Carroll County Coordinator
December 07, 2011 09:18AM
Name: William Bridges
State: TN
County: Carroll County
Township: Dist. 23 -Male Voters-
Year: 1891
Page: 001
Database: TN 1891 Voters List

Source Information:

Jackson, Ron V., Accelerated Indexing Systems, comp.. Tennessee Census, 1810-91 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999.
Original data: Compiled and digitized by Mr. Jackson and AIS from microfilmed schedules of the U.S. Federal Decennial Census, territorial/state censuses, and/or census substitutes.

Sheila Hopkins
TNGenWeb

"Only when all contribute their firewood can they build up a strong fire." - Chinese Proverb
December 07, 2011 10:04AM
Hopefully you'll be able to access the tree on Ancestry.com I just did a quick search and did come up with a little bit of info. [trees.ancestry.com]

Sheila Hopkins
TNGenWeb

"Only when all contribute their firewood can they build up a strong fire." - Chinese Proverb