Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John King Reeder, Elizabeth Harris and other Reeders in Carroll County TN

Posted by pjreeder 
John King Reeder, Elizabeth Harris and other Reeders in Carroll County TN
May 12, 2011 01:05PM
I am looking for any information on a John King Reeder that was born 03 Jan 1798 in Virginia but died 13 Mar 1834 in Carroll County Tennessee. He was married to an Elizabeth Harris who was born 16 Apr 1803 in North Carolina but also died in Carroll County Tennessee on 04 Sep 1845. I am looking to find out where they are buried and if there is any information in Carroll County records on John King Reeder who is my GGG Grandfather. Their children were Ephraim R. Reeder; James King Reeder and Thomas R. Reeder. James and Thomas were twins. James died in Arkansas but Thomas also died in Carroll County Tennessee.
Is Joe B. Harris from North Carolina who married Emma Bell Yarrell any relation to your Elizabeth Harris of North Carolina?

Joe B. Harris and Emma Bell Yarrell had a daughter named Emma Bell Harris. They were from Martin County, North Carolina.

If you are connected with this family, please e-mail me at marva.yarrell@comcast.net or post a reply on this forum.

Thanks.
Marva Yarrell
Lansing, MI
Re: John King Reeder, Elizabeth Harris and other Reeders in Carroll County TN
August 05, 2011 10:29AM
Some of your Reeders are in the Humble Cemetery, located about 4 miles se of Huntingdon on the Buena Vista Road. Since T R is there, his parents are most likely there as well. They are not in any other Carroll Co cemetery.
T R Reeder, Oct 28, 1828/Jan 21, 1903 and E J Reeder March 18, 1831/April 5, 1892
H N Reeder Sept 13, 1852/Feb 18, 1908 and Lila A Reeder Dec 18, 1862/Mar 30, 1894
Ephriam T Reeder 1867-1944 and Tommie L Reeder 1874-1953
Sebron Reeder 1876-1961
The rest were born in the 1880 or above holleyps@yahoo.com
September 01, 2011 05:07PM
Here is my info on John King Reeder and his descendants (he is my 3rd great-grandfather):

[wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com]

I don't have anything on his ancestry - if you could share that I would appreciate it.

There is a website for his descendants at: MyFamily.com. It is administered by Michelle Bardin - you should contact her at MICHELLE BARDIN [mbardin1@msn.com] - most of the info I have, I got thru her.

Hope to hear from you soon.

N. J. Gill
Phoenix AZ
September 01, 2011 05:23PM
Is that this Humbles Cemetery?:
Humbles Cemetery

They are not listed among the interments (no Reeders at all), but that is not surprising - few cemeteries are complete. You could add them, if you are so inclined!

N. J. Gill
Phoenix AZ