Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

James Allen Bone

Posted by Mary Rogers 
James Allen Bone
April 30, 2011 09:23PM
Hi! I am trying to gain information on my Great Great GrandFather: Mr.James Allen Bone. He was born in Dickson County, TN., in 1834 and he died in Illinois in 1864. His family for several generations were residents of the Dickson Co area. All of his 5 children, one of whom was my Great GrandFather Mr.John Kelly Bone, were born there too. In 1864, our country was divided by war, the Civil war. He was only aprox. 30 yrs old at the time of his death and I don't know why he was in Illinois..? His wife Mrs.Mary Wallace Bone and his children, his parents, brothers and sisters and their families were home in Tennessee. I think he may have been a soldier in the Civil war, and that may be why he died so young..? I have not found his service record..yet and I am trying to find his grave. i don't know where he is died in Illinois and I don't know if he is buried there or if they brought his remains back to Tennessee, if he is buried in Tennessee, probably it would be within the Dickson Co area, soooo I am trying to find his grave site and also am trying to find his military service record. His Father and Mother were: Mr.William Elijah Bone and Mrs.Ghaskey Wallace Bone, of Dickson Co Tennessee.
If anyone has any information about Mr.James Allen Bone or any helpful suggestions, it will be much appreciated by this family researcher, thank you, and God bless~Ms.Mary Rogers<4merryR@gmail.com>