Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Annie Mae Payton Garner Sewanee TN

Posted by lmbunde 
Annie Mae Payton Garner Sewanee TN
December 25, 2010 03:07AM
Annie Mae Payton was my Ggrandmother. She was born in 1905 to John and Sallie Payton in Franklin county TN. She married Felix Garner. I cannot find out for sure what Sallie's (Annie's mom) maiden name was. My grandmother and her sisters believe her maiden name was Haney. However, some family trees I have found online have it listed as Wells. However, I cannot find documentation to prove either for sure. My grandmother remembers being told that her mom was Native American. If anyone has info they would be willing to share, I would be so grateful! I am willing to share any info I have as well.
Re: Annie Mae Payton Garner Sewanee TN
January 13, 2011 02:05AM
Sarah"Sallie" Ann Wells was daughter of Henry Mitchell Wells and #2 wife Elizabeth Waddell.
Re: Annie Mae Payton Garner Sewanee TN
September 30, 2011 05:32PM
Thank you so much for your reply. I just now saw it. I don't get to work on my tree much because I work too much. Do you have any idea if Annie Mae Payton did have any Native American ancestry? My grandmother is now in a nursing home and doesn't even remember me a lot of the time. sad smiley So I really don't know if she did or not, or whether it would have been on her dad's side or her mom's side. I would appreciate any other info you could give me. Also, if you're a relative....there's a family reunion on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011. Email me at lmbunde@aol.com if you would like any info about it. Thanks!