Rosson
March 27, 2013 10:52AM
My gggrandfather was William B Rosson b- 1825 & d- 2/24/1864. He was married to Sarah Ann Foust who was the daughter of George & Elizabeth McMasters Foust. The 1860 census lists Wm & Sarah Ropan(Rosson) with 2 children: James M & an infant daughter (Louisa/Luiza J.) They later had 2 more children: William M. & my ggrandfather, B. B. J. D. ( Jefferson Davis) . William B died as a POW of smallpox @ Rock Island, IL & is buried in the Confederate Cemetery there (Only 3 1/2 hours from where I live in IL). I am trying to find out the names of William B's parents & siblings. I would also like to learn more about James, William & Louisa and their descendants. I know there was a family of Rossons in the area; John & Nancy & their children. I also know that William B lived with a William & Mary Rosson Foust in 1850. I wonder if Mary Rosson Foust might have been William B.'s sister?? I would appreciate any info/input that anyone could share.
Re: Rosson
August 28, 2013 05:52PM
My great great great grandmother was Elizabeth Rosson before marriage. I have not pursued her line yet but I do know that she married James W. Davis in Lawrenceburg on April 12, 1837. The only child of this Rosson-Davis marriage that I know of now is my great great grandmother, Sophia Caldonia Davis who married Thomas Jefferson Azbell (b. TN 1844) oh December 13, 1864 in Lawrence TN. Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar.