Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ponder Family

Posted by Carla81 
Ponder Family
May 16, 2011 01:17AM
I am looking for information about James West Ponder, he would be my great-grandfather on my dad's side and all of the information that I have shows that he was at one time a resident of Obion County, Tennessee - I also show that the town he lived in may have been Troy. I am having much difficulty determining the name of his wife. Many records seem to indicate that her name or nickname was "Mamie" including a 1930 census record, even though it is hard to read because the record that I viewed was hand written. It is assumed that James and "Mamie" married in Obion County in about 1897 and they had several children together, one of which is my grandfather - Cecil Carlie Ponder (Sr.) who later moved to Cook County Illinois, it is also believed that James made the move to Illinois. I am having difficulties substantiating much of this because there are not very well kept records available in my present family line. I am hoping that there are relatives still in Obion County, or a kindly genealogist, who is able to help! If more information is necessary, please let me know and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

Carla C. Ponder
Re: Ponder Family
May 17, 2011 06:07PM
Mamie' maiden name is Stirling or Sterling, finding little bits here and there smiling smiley