Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Angeline Mary Ballard

Posted by motorhomer 
Angeline Mary Ballard
January 11, 2012 02:53PM
I have found some material that says that Angeline Mary or Mary ANgeline Ballard was put in the Putnam County Farm after her mother died because she had no income. CAn anyone find if this Putnam County farm was in existance in 1933-1937. She apparently died during those years. I can not find any info on her or the farm.

Thanks
Sally
Re: Angeline Mary Ballard
January 25, 2012 02:09PM
In the very old list that I have, the name Angeline Mary Ballard is not listed. I did not find a Certificate of Death for her.

I do not have access to the records that were kept by the manager, they had to be turned in to court for him to receive money for taking care of them.

There is a little book in the Putnam County Library that lists the people from month to month.

At one time there was several graves that were marked with only a field stone.

Maybe someone can help you.
Bettie in TN
March 03, 2012 02:18PM
What court did the man turn all the records over to. How do I locate those records?

Thanks
Sally Ballard Staley
March 03, 2012 03:02PM
I would think it would be the CountyCourt Clerk,, they met every 3 months.

The attic of the Putnam County Courthouse was cleaned out several years ago and took to the dump.

A lot of them were ready to go to the dump, but they cleaned out everything.

Much to the genealogist sorrow.

Bettie in TN
March 09, 2012 12:01PM
Bettie: I have another question: I have found a newspaper article that says: BAllard, Nancy: Aunt Nancy Ballard of near Poddyville died last Thursday evening, aged about 85 years. (Date 12/2/1903, Vol I, No. 43, page 2. Where is Poddyville and where might she had been buried? Could there be a death certificate for her date of death as 11/27/1903?

THanks
SAlly

Her daughter was Mary ANgeline Ballard that I wrote you about earlier.
March 10, 2012 09:29AM
Nancy Is believed to be buried in the Owen-Jaquess Cemetery on Cummins Mill Road Jackson County TN, in an unmarked grave according to Jackson County Cemetery Book.. Richard Ballard ca 1824-between 1860-1880.

Poddyville is listed as a historical Post Office, it does not give a location.

Have a great day.Bettie in TN