Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mariah Brewington

Posted by JaneMee 
Mariah Brewington
July 04, 2012 10:43AM
I am searching my family history. My great, great grandmother was Mariah Brewington who married Henry Dixon. They lived in Cookeville, TN. I am interested in finding more about the Brewingtons. I know her sister Mary "Polly" Brewington was the "Buckner Witch of Monterey, TN. I am told that they were part Coharie Indians. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Mariah Brewington
August 19, 2013 09:46PM
Hi my name is April Martin Jones and my grandmothers maiden name is Brewington and I think I have heard her talk about Polly. There is a lot of Brewingtons that live in Baxter that are her relatives. I will see what I can find out.
August 30, 2013 12:43PM
Look at this page on Find A Grave and read all about Mary Polly Bruinton. Also take note that family members changed the spellng of their last name, due to her reputation. At the end of what was written, you wiil find Cliff Owens email address. Send him a note and ask him what he knows on Mary Polly Bruinton and the rest of the Brewington family. He also lists family and children, too, but no Mariah.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=66934006

I will see what I can find for you on Ancestry.com.
Mary Jo
August 30, 2013 12:59PM
Polly Brewington, the Buckner Witch
October 10, 2012 by Faire

[fairweatherlewis.wordpress.com]