Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bartlett/watterson family

Posted by hollyjoy 
Bartlett/watterson family
February 13, 2014 07:37PM
I am stuck on my 3rd great grandparents. GG grandmother was Rutha J Watterson who married John Grime Jones. Her sister Mary E Jones married John's brother. Their parents were William E Watterson b 1820 in NC and Narcissa (Nansie) Bartlett b circa 1834. I have them in 1860/70/1880 census records in White and Putnam Counties. No record after 1880....No death or burial record found.

Also looking for next generation back. Nothing on William. Notes and queries indicate Narcissa's father was Nathan Bartlett or one of his brothers. Anyone have clues on this family?

Thank you all.

Holly Joy Battle (Knight)
Re: Bartlett/watterson family
February 13, 2014 11:54PM
Do you have dates for John G Jones and Rutha Watterson that are buried at Boiling Spring Cemetery? if not I will be happy

to share with you, or you can find the on the TNGenWeb. I do not have the information you are seeking. Aunt Maniza Massa

married a Watterson and they went to MO. They took his brother with them.

Have a great day.

Bettie Sue Goolsby, Archivist
Putnam County TN Cemetery Records
TN Gen Web Cemetery Database
February 14, 2014 06:38PM
Bettie:

Thanks for reply. Yes, I have all needed info on John and Rutha including all their children. But finding William and Narcissa ancestry is becoming a Vendetta if you know what I mean, ha ha. I have been through Boiling Springs nearly stone by stone as many of my relations are buried there. Have quite a few at Lowe cemetery near the seminary and at Smellage too.
February 14, 2014 11:34PM
A lot of my mothers side are buried there, Massa,Farris, Rice, My grandfather's 1st wife Martha Jones, d/o Ammom Davis Jones abd Elizabeth Grime.

His second wife, my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth should went by the name Messenger, but she went by the name Rice because he reared her.

Good luck, the family you are researching has been looked at for many years, the late Charles Leonrd was working on that family when I started Family History in 1980.

Bettie in TN
February 15, 2014 05:56PM
Bettie:

Yes indeed.....Martha would be my gg aunt or some such. Ammon and Elizabeth are my ggggrandparents. I first learned to research from my Aunt Carleen Maddux Duke. Most of the family, ie Jones, Stone, Maddux, Allison, Lowe, Kinnaird, Grime, Gentry, etc are pretty well researched. I am pulling all together, verifying, adding and posting to free sites so it will be available to future. But for some reason the Watterson and Bartlett lines are sketchy. I asked Carleen the other day if she could look at some of her paper records and give me a hint where to go from here.