Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perkins Cemetery

Posted by jpoynter 
Perkins Cemetery
October 06, 2010 06:02AM
I'm looking for directions to Perkins Cemetery from I-75 in Kentucky into Tennessee. Hopefully someone can help me. I'm hoping to find the grave of Andrew G. LaFevers that is supposedly there. Well I'm hoping a gravemarker is actually there anyway. Long trip to find out there's nothing there haha. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Jeff
Re: Perkins Cemetery
October 13, 2010 08:40AM
There is not an Andrew G. Lafever listed in either Putnam County Cemetery book. or the White County Cemetery book.
This cemetery is online at The David Dohahue Memorial

The pictures are on line at Tenn Genes Genealogy, she has a several cemeteries with pictures, this is a work in progress

There are about as many unmarked graves as there marked in the Perkins, my mom grew up in this area and i still live in Cookeville..

If you come down I 75 to I40 and go west about 100 miles, get off in Cookeville at Burgess Falls -Willow ave exit turn south and it is about 6 or 8 miles to the cemetery.

Have a great day
Bettie in TN
October 13, 2010 05:47PM
Betty, Thanks for the info. I found some info and it looks like the gravemarkers are long gone or the info has worn away on them. So I won't make the trip all the way there. Thanks again Jeff
October 14, 2010 01:27AM
If proof that he is buried there can be found, he can probably qualify for a Civil War marker, do you have any dates for him?
Bettie in TN
January 24, 2011 12:22AM
Someone has posted a picture at findagrave of what appears to be Andrew G. Lafever's grave in Perkins:
[www.findagrave.com]