Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Putnam Couty Cemeteries

Posted by Bettie Goolsby 
Putnam Couty Cemeteries
May 18, 2010 06:28AM
I would appreciate any information about any of the old cemeteries.
I am working on the David Donahue Memorial for Putnam County.

If you have an old cemetery on your property and would like to have it listed please contact me.
Maurine Patton published Putnam County Cemeteries many years ago, but some of them were left out and some were not complete and had many errors in them.

Thank you
Bettie in TN
Re: Putnam Couty Cemeteries
June 17, 2010 04:33PM
I was in Tennessee a few years ago and visited the James G. Pullum cemetery where several Pullums are buried. I believe it is in Putnam county but can't remember exactly. I have pictures of the gravestones in that cemetery I would be happy to share with anyone that is interested.

Jackie Lewis
June 19, 2010 10:56AM
Thank you for the offer of the Pullum Cemetery, however that is in DeKalb County, I am sure that Jerry Butler at <TNdecatur@gmail.com>

would be most happy to have the pictures for DeKalb County.

I do no know if he has had any pictures submitted. for that county.

Thank you again for your interest.

If you ever should find any old Goolsby graves in DeKalb County, please think about me.

Have a great day

Bettie in TN
July 19, 2010 08:26AM
Hi Betty,

I know you do a lot of cemetery work in Putnam Co. I have been researching the Rippetoes for about 2 years. I have pictures of their tomb stones I would be willing to share. I have not been able to find 1 person. Her name is Sally (Sallie) Anne Kinnard. born about 1853. She was married to Louis Napolean Rippetoe. She is our Great Great Grandmother. The last public records I can find are in 1880. In 1990 Louis was remarried. Any information to send me in the right direction would be great.

Cherie.
July 25, 2010 04:49AM
Good Morning:

I do not know where Sarah is buried, but i will try to find out for you.
Another Betty has been working on the Kinnard -Rippetoes for a long time, Sarah may have have been buried in the old William Rippetoe cemetery that has been destroyed.

Thank you for your interest and have a great day.
Bettie in TN