Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rebecca Adcock

Posted by centaur32 
Rebecca Adcock
August 14, 2012 02:50PM
Rebecca Adcock is my 2 x paternal great-grandmother. She was born in 1818 in South Carolina. She married John B. Smith around 1835 in Warren County, Tennessee. They had the following children: Andrew Jackson, David Burdine, Francis Melvina, Nancy J., John Leonard (my great-grandfather - he married first Irena Gribble and 2nd Martha Lane), Mary, Sarah, Tempa (or Tennessee depending on the census record), and Ardena Clementine (who married John C. Aldridge).

Does anyone have a clue as to her parents? According to the 1830 Warren County Census Record, the following Adcocks were living in Warren County: David, John, William, Lott, Isaac, and Henry, as well as Leonard with one of his children (he would have been the father of the aforementioned Adcocks). My guess is Rebecca Ann is the daughter of one of these Adcocks. I just don't have a clue as to which one.

Based on naming patterns in the Smith family, I'm guessing that her son John Leonard was named after her husband's father (John Smith who married Nancy, surname unknown), plus her husband, and then after either her father or grandfather, i.e., Leonard Adcock.

Any help in tracking down her parents would be great, even though I'm 99.9% positive she is related to this branch of the Adcock family.

Thanks.

Scott Mitchell