Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1922 Death Certificate

Posted by decker4160 
1922 Death Certificate
October 29, 2013 09:08AM
I'm looking for any leads re obtaining a copy of a death certificate for Willard David Churchill. Willard died: 21 Feb 1922.

There is no record of his death on the Tennessee State Archives site.

The only lead is an item that appeared in the the 24 Feb 1922 edition of the Morgan County News, which claimed Willard
"on lightening from a local freight in Oakdale, Monday evening was thrown violently to the ground striking his head against a cross tie crushing his skull."

I would like to know where Willard is buried.

tnx. fjm
Re: 1922 Death Certificate
October 29, 2013 09:31AM
Assuming this is what you found: W. D. CHURCHILL,was thrown violently to the ground striking his head against a cross tie crushing his skull.. He received the best treatment possible but died Tuesday Morning. Mr. Churchill came to Morgan County from Michigan about one year ago and lived in Wartburg. He married a Mrs. Overton a few months ago and has been living in Oakdale. He and his wife were running the Eureka Hotel. Mr. Churchill was a nephew of Rev. J.S. Clark of Lancing.

Another line states" has several children living in the State of Michigan". {Morgan County Press, 2/24/1922]

I checked out cemetery book for Morgan County and he is not listed. Also checked a couple other books that I have and didn't find him. Possibly he was returned to Michigan?
Looking at familysearch.org, I see his marriage to Effie Overton in Roane Co. just a few months before his death. He might possibly be interred in Roane Co.. I will do more checking on Thursday and get back to you asap.
Re: 1922 Death Certificate
October 31, 2013 03:55PM
Sorry, I check our records in the genealogy room and several I had here at home and didn't find any thing or anybody with the Churchill name. I also checked what Roane Co. Records we have and still nothing.
Good luck on your search. I do hope you will find where he is interred.

Julie