Goddard married Brasel/Brazil/Braswell
January 12, 2011 11:20AM
Seeking the identity of Elizabeth N. Goddard born circa 1799. I have the following information: Richard James Brazil (various spellings) married Elizabeth N. Goddard circa 1820 in or around Morgan County Tennessee. Richard James Brazil was the son of James Braswell (murdered July 1799 by the infamous Harpe Brothers) and Nancy Hall, daughter of Samuel Hall and Million Webb. Richard's known siblings were John (married Rhoda Stonecipher); Elizabeth (married Benjamin Stonecipher); Obedience (married Daniel Stonecipher) and David (married Anna Clarkson). Richard and Elizabeth and the majority of their family as well as most of Richard's siblings resettled in Illinois about 1842 where the spelling of the last name became Brasel. The oldest child (Charlotte - also called Lottie) of Richard and Elizabeth had married a man whose surname was Davis and remained in Morgan County, Tennessee. I wish to know the names of Elizabeth's parents and will gladly trade any information I have regarding Richard and or his family. Thank You.