Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lindsay Cooper

Posted by Virginia 
Lindsay Cooper
February 12, 2011 03:11PM
I'm looking for photos of Lindsay Cooper, his son, Thomas Gaylor Cooper,Pollie Holder Cooper. Lindsay was a member of the Liberty Church, Morgan Co., ordained in 1865 at the Pleasant Grove Church. Buried at Cooper's Chapel,Feb 1916. I am his great,great granddaughter,by Lelia Simmons-Sadie Cooper Simmons-Thomas G. Cooper and Pollie Holder.
Re: Lindsay Cooper
March 28, 2012 04:17PM
Hi, I too am Lindsey Cooper's gggrandaughter though his son Joseph W. Cooper. Please, lets stay in touch--I promise that if I come up with any photos I will share them and hope you will do the same. Looking forward to hearing from you. Katey
May 22, 2012 06:00AM
I have some very old photos taken by my great grandfather J.W. Cooper and some of them are of the Lindsay Cooper family at their home and 2 are of the funeral of Rev. Lindsay Cooper. These are very delicate photos. I see that someone is searching for photos of this family.
May 22, 2012 09:13AM
Thank you for responding to my posting. Would it be possible for me to get copies of the photos you mentioned? Our family has been searching for photos of Lindsey and his family. I can be contacted at kay.dukeman@sbcglobal.net.
January 03, 2013 10:47AM
Hi, I have a picture of Lindsay Cooper's funeral and a picture of a "Lawn Party" taken at Joseph Cooper's home.
January 03, 2013 05:11PM
Hi Ginny,

It sounds as though we may have some of the same photos. I have another one that I think is Lindsey and Mary with some other people all standing in front of a house. I am happy to share it with you. My email is kay.dukeman@sbcglobal.net. The one little girl sitting on the end at the lawn party is my grandmother, Josie.
January 03, 2013 07:20PM
Hi, Was Josie Cooper Monday your gg grandmother? I have a group picture that looks like it was taken around 1911-13, of many of the Cooper girls at Joseph W. Cooper's home.
January 04, 2013 07:40AM
Hi Ginny,
Yes, Josie Cooper Monday was my grandmother. If you have a different photo than that of the lawn party I would really like to see it.
January 04, 2013 07:52AM
I think I have the photo you are referring to--Josie is a little girl sitting next to Iris Goldstone. There are a couple of other little girls beside them in the front row and then some girls in their pre-teens or early teens, all wearing hats and looking very pleased with themselves. Are you the Virginia who has posted about Cooper photos? So nice to meet another cousin : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 05:33PM by Katey.