Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John Brewster

Posted by brewster 
John Brewster
April 22, 2011 09:14PM
I am looking for any information on John Brewster b 1825 in Fentress and d 1913 in Morgan County. He was married to Rebecca Farr and then to Elizabeth Howard. I am particularly interested in any form of death record as TN did not keep death records for the year 1913. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: John Brewster
May 03, 2011 03:22AM
do you have ancestry? theres a ton of information on him there. he was born 8-8-1823 in fentress and died 12-23-1911 in nydeck morgan co. was elizabeth also named saphonea now he married elizabeth 12-6-1902 guess his first wife rebecca farr must have died before 1900 census. thought you might try contacting the court house in wartburg i think they still have some old death records there and if not try the library there they have a lot of stuff on microfilm and fish. good luck J
Re: John Brewster
June 18, 2011 11:12AM
May I ask which one of the Brewsters you descend from? I am a descendent of Thomas and Mary Patton Brewster, Thomas was a son of John. I don't beleive you will find a death certificate for John. Midnightrider 3 seems to have good information, except John died at Brewstertown, so his g-son Andy Brewster told me and so did my uncle Syl Brewster. John is buried at the Carpenter Cemetary at Nydeck. John's first wife was Rebecca Farr and they were married about 1848, likely in Morgan Co., TN, but I have never been able to find a marriage certificate. Rebecca was still living in 1894, but I do not have a death date for her. John m/2 Elizabeth Trail Crabtree, and she died before 1900, then John married Sophronia Elizabeth Howard, and lived with her until his death in 1911. I wonder if you know anything about Elizbeth Howard's family. From what I have found the Howards, Elmores, Farrs. Halls, Cox, and Brewsters are all mingled together, but I haven't been able to sort them out .