Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smith and Pitts families

Posted by robertanne 
Smith and Pitts families
July 29, 2010 09:05PM
I’m hoping some of this rings a bell with somebody since I’ve hit a brick wall in Tennessee.

Josiah Smith married Sarah Pitts on October 15, 1846 at Blountville, Sullivan County, Tennessee. They were married by John Wolf, J.P. Sarah Pitts was born in Blountville on April 30, 1826. Her parents were John and Sarah Pitts. Josiah Smith, Sr. was born in Tennessee about 1825. He was called Si. They moved to Meigs County where their oldest children were born.

Their children were Elizabeth Jane Smith Frank, Allison Woodrow Smith, Nancy Ann Smith Wilson, Mary Ellen Smith Widaman Dixon, David Henry Smith, Josiah Allen Smith, John Smith, George Washington Smith, William Smith, Ida Belle Smith Hoops, Sarah Catherine Smith Hoops, Charles Elmer Smith, and Cora Edna Smith Downard. J
Josiah served in the Mexican War and as a private under Captain John S. Shaver in Company C of the 5th Regiment of the Tennessee Volunteers.

More information about the family (including their tall tales about the Civil War) is on my website: [www.anamericanfamilyhistory.com]