Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for parents of Andrew McMillan

Posted by etrisch 
Looking for parents of Andrew McMillan
November 01, 2011 11:19AM
I have hit a brick wall with my ggggrandfather Andrew McMillan b. 1802/1807 died 1838 or before 1850. He apparently married Catherine Wilson about 1835. Andrew McMillan was b. 1806 d. before 1850. They had a child, my gggrandfather, Andrew Wilson McMillan b. 1838 d. 1903. There are several researchers that state Catherine Wilson Married Andrew McMillan. One such reference is "You Take It From Here" by Marshall A. Wilson. I have not found any marriage certificates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andrew W. McMillan was raised by his grandparents Isaac Wilson and Sarah Shook. He can be found living in their household on the 1850 census, however, his name is listed as Andrew Wilson. Mary Wilson, Andrew's aunt, is also listed under the household in 1850. Mary can also be found in Andrew's house hold in the 1860 and 1870 census.

One other question. What is the likelihood that someone by the same name [Andrew McMillan] have the exact birth and death years [1802 - 1838] and buried in the same town [Knoxville]? There is an Andrew McMillan buried in the First Presbyterian Church of Knoxville, TN with the same exact dates in years as to when my Andrew McMillan was alive and deceased. He is buried next to Mary who died in 1825. This could have been Mary Littleford. If this is the same Andrew he could have married Catherine Wilson after Mary died. -Just wondering if that is a likely possibility. If so, then it is possible that Alexander McMillan b. 1749 d. 1837 and Margaret McMillan b. 1764 d. 1836 are his parents. Alexander McMillan is buried in the McMillan Cemetery in Knox Co., TN.

etrisch
Houston, TX
Re: Looking for parents of Andrew McMillan
November 03, 2011 09:44AM
I recently found and contacted a cousin of mine. He states that Andrew's parents were John McMillan b. 1795 d. 1855 and Jean. Jean's last name could possibly be Shook, but this is not proven. He also stated that Andrew's first wife was Margaret Ragan. Any information would be helpful in confirming any of this.

etrisch
Houston, TX