Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for parents of Clarence A Burnett (or Barnett or Burnette)

Posted by JuliaBCritser 
Looking for parents of Clarence A Burnett (or Barnett or Burnette)
April 14, 2011 09:35PM
Hello everyone from a newbie to this forum!

I am looking for the parents of my great-grandfather, Clarence Albert Burnett(e), b. 13 Jun 1891 and d. 18 Jun 1969 in Knoxville, Knox Co., TN. I was told by his wife, my g-grandmother (Nell May Stevens, b. 13 Nov 1896, d. 29 Nov 1986), that his parents died when he was young; she thinks his mother's name was Mattie McClellan Burnett and his dad's name was John Burnett (?). But I haven't been able to find any records of them.

I am pretty sure that I found Clarence in a 1910 census, living in Knox Co. with an aunt and uncle (William and Eliza McClellan), who listed him as Clarence A Barnett. I'm pretty sure this is him because a) the oral history is that he lived with "Eliza Sterchi" and b) because of the McClellan name. And the dates match up. In addition, on this census, it is listed that he had 2 sisters, Charlotte V Barnett (age 16) and Nannie I Barnett (age 13). (I was so very excited to find this because it's the earliest record I have found to date of my g-grandad).

I have better research that I am happy to share relating to the following surnames and am always looking for new stuff: Chapman, Harrison, Millsaps/Milsaps, Adkins, Queener, Stevens/Stephens, Davis.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Julia Burnette Critser
Re: Looking for parents of Clarence A Burnett (or Barnett or Burnette)
June 22, 2011 12:29PM
Hi there,
You mentioned in your post the surname Chapman. I have Chapmans in my family who were born in Knox county TN. I would like to know more about yours.
annersandaAThotmail.com
Anne