Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marriage info for William C. Oaks & Rebecca Dunn

Posted by dhambrick4 
Marriage info for William C. Oaks & Rebecca Dunn
July 12, 2010 03:21PM
I am trying to find out the date that William C. Oaks married Rebecca Dunn. They were in the 1870 Census in Witt Foundry, Jefferson, TN. They were married in either 1869 or in 1870 before the Census was taken, by the years listed of being married in the 1900 Census. Rebecca is the daughter of Samuel and Julia BLANTON Dunn and they were living next door to Julia Dunn in 1870.

Also, I am having a hard time proving who William's parents were and was hoping that it might list his parents on the marriage certificate. Then in the 1880 Census they were living in Hamblen County, TN. They are always near or in the same county as Rice T. Oaks and Susan Oaks and I want to believe that this is possibly his parents but do not have any proof that they are.

William and Rebecca had 2 girls (Laura Frances and Carrie B.) and 4 boys (John Miller, James(Jim) William, Walter Tillman and Ollie Casper). They were living in Texas by the 1900 Census and later William and Rebecca moved to Carter County, Oklahoma. They are buried in the Lone Grove Cemetery, Carter Co, OK., with no markers.

If this sounds like they tie into your family, it would be great to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Debbie OAKS Hambrick