Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rayfield,Cunningham, and Rice Families

Posted by SandyR 
Rayfield,Cunningham, and Rice Families
June 08, 2012 12:26PM
I am looking for any information on my paternal grandfather and grandmother Edward Henry Rayfield and Lela Gates Rayfield. I think he was born in Sevier county and I have no idea where she was born. I'm also looking for information about my maternal grandparents
"Hosey" Cunningham and Clementine Rice Cunningham. I would appreciate any answers and quiries.
Thank you
Sandra Rayfield Raef
55raef@msn.com
Re: Rayfield,Cunningham, and Rice Families
June 23, 2012 10:17AM
Sandra,

I have replied to your "Cunningham" question under the Cunningham, Rice and Rayfield thread. You're in luck with the Rayfield family question, though.

Edward (Ed) Rayfield was born about 1889 in Sevier County, TN. Lela Gates was born in about 1893 in Bradley County, TN. They were married in about 1909 (not sure where they were married, but they lived in Bradley County in 1910). In the 1920 U.S. Census, they lived in Bradley County and had 4 children. In the 1930 Census, they lived in Bradley County and had 6 children, one of whom was Herman L., age 3 & 5/12.

I hope this helps.

Jim Hencin
August 06, 2012 05:33PM
Mr Hencin
Thank you so much for the information about my grandparents. I don't know how you found that out but it all fits! My grandparents
weren't the warm and fuzzy kind and asking any questions made them mad.
Thank you again
Sandra Rayfield Raef
August 11, 2012 01:48PM
Sandra,
Glad to help. I found the information on your family in Census reports through ancestry.com and familysearch.org. In the recently released 1940 Census, "Edd" & Lela Rayfield lived with 5 children at home, including your father (age 13), plus a married son & daughter-in-law.
Jim Hencin