Gray Family - from Montgomery County
April 16, 2012 03:30PM
I am trying to track down my husband's Gray line. Our current research ends @ William Gray, who was born abt 1816 in TN and married a Mary "Polly" Abney (also born in TN 1816) in 1840 in IL. His middle initial may be M but we believe he had two brothers: Mathew T b 1819 and Vincent b 1826. In the 1840 census we know that Sarah is listed as the head of the family and there is also a daughter aged 10/14. By 1850 we know that Sarah is living with Mathew and there is no record of the daughter...

In the Montgomery voting records for District 4 we have a John Gray and Nathaniel Abney listed... Polly's father was a Nathaniel Abney and I cannot image this is a coincident. Wondering if John Gray was Sarah’s husband although he would’ve already or just passed by this time but could John have been her husband?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

R Gray
Re: Gray Family - from Montgomery County
August 28, 2012 05:19PM
R Gray, Hello, I am Glenn Gray. My G-G grandfather is Matthew T. Gray ( Matthew T.- Pinkney- James M.- Charles O.- Me), I have
just started this process and I dont have much info, other than what I have here. I"ll do a tree and send to you. Do you have
more info on William,Vincent John, Sarah, daughter?, Thanks!