Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wife of Osburn Dillard, Chestnut Mound

Posted by Gmelton 
Wife of Osburn Dillard, Chestnut Mound
January 31, 2012 07:02PM
I have been told that Osborne Dillard (1756 NC-1820 TN) was married to Oney Clark. The place of residence was Chestnut Mound at the time of his death. I need an accurate age for Oney, as I cannot believe she lived 1760-1875 as reported by others at Ancestry. Their son, Jonathan Dillard is the father of my grgr grandmother, Annie Dillard Stewart. Does anyone have any information on Oney Clark, or who Osborne's wife was?
Re: Wife of Osburn Dillard, Chestnut Mound
January 11, 2013 10:56PM
I am interested in this same line as I am trying to link Mary Dillard, born in VA 1830 with potential father Jonathan Dillard. Seems the generations really piled into Smith County if the parents of Jonathan were William et al and his Osburn and Nancy [Petty]. My line descends from son John B. Smith (1845-1929) and I knew and collaborated with local late cousin Ervin Smith and am in touch with his son Sam Smith.
January 15, 2013 10:09AM
I might be able to help you some on Oney and Annie Clark.
January 15, 2013 10:45AM
I have some information on the Dillard /Petty /Clark line.Okay,my grandfather's mother was Mary Belle Glover,her mother was,Annie Clark,which I have a picture of her.Annie's mother was,Roxie Ann Dillard,and father,Isham Clark.Roxie and Isham children were......
Omy or Ona or Onie
Kizzah or Kizzie
Anny or Annie
Nancy
Sarah or Sal
Martha (Mary)
James
Mary(Polly)
Dinah(Diah)
Paralee

Oney and Annie are buried at the Bellar cem., in Clubb Springs.I have proof of this though my gmother's family bible.I have been to this cem., and graves.Its been well taken care of.If you are interested in this information that I have,please contact me at my address or e-mail.

By the way,I live in Smith county,just miles from this cem.

Thanks...........Teresa Mabery
108 Trousdale Ferry Pike
Gordonsville,Tenn 38563
January 15, 2013 10:56AM
Jonathan Dillard(Osborne(Auzborn)5,William4,Thomas3Nicholas2,George1) was born 1802 in Chestnut Mound,Tn.He married Martha (Patsy)Ligon.
children by this marriage were.......
William E.Dillard m.Sarah A.Huddleston
Osborne Dillard m. Onie Clark
Anny clark m.James W.Stewart
Susannah Dillard m.Samuel A.Smith
John L.Dillard
James M or H. Dillard m.Elizabeth Bains Parker
I have more information............
August 01, 2014 03:43PM
Oh my. This Onie Clark mixup can be hair raising. The Onie Clark born about 1760 did indeed marry William Ausborn Dillard (1756-1820). Onie's parents are unknown to my research.

Confusion set in when Ausborn Dillard born about 1833 married Naomi Onie Clark. Ausborn, born 1833 is son of Jonathan Dillard and Martha Patsey Ligon . He married married Naomi Onie Clark born 1837-died 1917 Smith County Tenn. Death cert online.
This Onie's father is Isham Samuel Clark and mother is Roxie Dillard (daughter of William Dillard). Does this clear anything up or muddy the water?