Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dorthenia Tennessee "Tennie" Duke

Posted by Kim Fox 
Dorthenia Tennessee "Tennie" Duke
January 06, 2014 01:36PM
I am trying to find information about my paternal great grandmother Dorthenia T. Duke. I have heard that she went by Tennie. She was the 2nd wife of my great grandfather John Nelson Grisham. She was born 17 Oct 1852 in Smith Co.,TN, married John Grisham after his first wife Martha Jane King died, died 27 Oct 1946 in Smith Co.,TN, & was buried in Dickens Cemetery on Maggart Rd. just north of Elmwood,TN. She & John had 6 children: 1) Alvin Arthur Grisham, 2) Weston L.Grisham, 3) Eliza Bell (Grisham) McDonald, 4) Henry Clay Grisham, 5) Mary Jane (Grisham) McDonald, & 6) Tina "Tiny" D. (probably is Dorthenia) Grisham. I have some information about their children, but would like to know more about her.
Re: Dorthenia Tennessee "Tennie" Duke
January 29, 2014 12:41PM
Kim,

I found her death certificate and more info on familysearch.com. She is listed as Tennie D Grisham. I've also seen a tree listing her as Dorthenia Tennessee Duke. Her parents are both on the death certificate - Alex Duke and Dorothy McDonald. There are several censuses for this whole family too.

From there if you look at find-a-grave, you can find alot more about about the Dukes.

Happy hunting!