Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Family of Benjamin Franklin Jackson

Posted by PAJackson54 
Family of Benjamin Franklin Jackson
June 14, 2018 07:30PM
Looking for any information on my Grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Jackson, born Feb 25, 1900 , died October 1, 1963. He is my grandfather that I never met and I can not seem to find any information on his family. His father was Marion Jasper Jackson born March 31, 1871, and mother was Frances Abbie Morris, born Sept 23, 1869 in Stewart County Tn. Moved to Herrin Illinois sometime in early 1900's. Benjamin Jackson had several brothers and sisters, including Asa Gray, Samuel M Jackson, Florence Jackson, Lena Jackson, John Jackson, Beatrice Jackson

Benjamin was married to Laura Daugherty and they had two children together, Ernest Raymond Jackson, my father , born Dec 20, 1923 , still living, and Roy Franklin Jackson, Born April 3, 1922, died Feb 8, 1950,

From what I gather, his family lived in Dover, Tennessee, moved to Herrin Illinois to work in the coal mines. Ben left my grandmother after my father was born, and returned to Dover, Tennessee sometime around 1923 or 1924.

Any information, please contact me at my email tamcall911@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Family of Benjamin Franklin Jackson
June 15, 2018 07:20PM
This reply was posted to the Stewart Co. Message Board by Morris Leon Byrd (byrd2@madisontelco.com). You may wish to contact him directly:

Marion Jasper Jackson son of Amos Binkley Jackson

Sinderella Cherry, her parents were William and Lydia Cherry. She had a son named Amos Binkley was later adopted by Robert Jackson when she married him.

Henry Jackson had two children with his wife's sister, Sinderella Cherry, who later married Henry's father, Robert Jackson.

I have Florence E. Jackson, daughter of (Marion Jasper Jackson and Frances Abbie Morris) 24 Mar 1894 - 20 Jan 1920 buried in Herrin City Cemetery, Herrin, Williamson County, Illinois.

Also son John Wesley Jackson 25 Jan 1902 - 17 Jun 1967 buried in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas

If this seems to fit, let me know, I have more