Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brantley Jones Hudson & Mary Polly Meddlin

Posted by sandimccar 
Brantley Jones Hudson & Mary Polly Meddlin
September 16, 2011 09:35AM
Is anyone doing any research on the family of Brantley Jones Hudson & his wife Mary Polly Meddlin? I found him on several censuses in Lewis & Perry County, but would like to know more about him (his parents) and his wife’s family. It has long been said in my family that one of them might be of Cherokee or Chickasaw heritage. So far, I have their children as Lucretia (or Lucinda Lucy) Hudson, Belfield Hudson, Melvina Clementine, Rosannah (Rosie Ann) Hudson (my ggg grandmother), John Hudson, Barbar Ellen Hudson, Sarah J Hudson, Joel Y Hudson, Elizabeth C Hudson, and Columbus Hudson.
I know that Brantley Jones Hudson is supposed to be buried in Conder Cemetery in Lewis County, but not sure where his wife is.

Again, I would like to know more about him and his wife, but any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandi
Re: Brantley Jones Hudson & Mary Polly Meddlin
October 26, 2011 10:14PM
My GGGrand father, William R. Winters, married Lucretia ( Hudson ) Orman October 3, 1862.
Lucretia had been previously married to a Mr. Orman, who I suppose died.
William R. had been married to Parmelia, who had passed away.

Lucretia had 2 children before marrying William, Brantley and Malinda.
William had 5 children before marrying Lucrecy, Sary, George, Robert and twins Joseph and Joel.

Together they had 6 children, John, Lewis (My GGrandfather), Lufeby, Landoney, Sidney and Ophelia.

I have been searching for the burial place of William, Lucretia and Parmelia. William died in1881 and Lucretia
died in April 1888. They could have been living in either Hickman or Lewis counties.

If you have any information about that burial location, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
Phil Winters
Re: Brantley Jones Hudson & Mary Polly Meddlin
October 27, 2011 06:52PM
I'm not sure where they are buried, but I believe Lucretia's middle name was Parmelia. If I find out I will let you know.