John Henderson
March 06, 2013 03:03AM
I'm in search for my GGGrandfather John Henderson born 1834 . With this being a common name I have only been able to find one census(1880) and two of his children death certificate . According to the 1880 Census, in Robertson County, Hearne, TX. it says he was from TN., Along with his wife Chaney Versia/Versey/Vesey( so many spelling, not sure on the correct spelling ) born 1847 .

My family has lived in Hearne Texas, since 1880 . His children names are Delpha Henderson Walker 1859 -,Nick Henderson 1860 -,Lucy J. Henderson Pickens 1867 - 1937,Henry Henderson 1875 - 1953( My great grandfather ),Isom Henderson 1877 -John Henderson Jr.1893 , Ben Henderson.

I have came to a complete brick wall. I'm unsure where to check . I understand the slave took the owners surname, but their are so many HENDERSON'S in TN. even Henderson's in the County Henderson's( LOL)! I have gone to Family Search, Ancestry.com( I even placed information on several boards), Tennessee African American Griots- TN Black Genealogy website -( this site appears not to be working ).I just happened to come across this site, after a suggestion from Ancestry.com board member mentioned it .

I would love to know if he had siblings , whats is his parents name if at all possible, ANYTHING even a middle name !!! Thank you in advance for any information you can give me !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 04:09AM by Ms. Henderson.