Hyder
March 29, 2011 03:56AM
I am trying to get my dad's side done. I have nothing but a few names. Eva Miller Hyder,Hemp Hyder and Grace Hyder. Dad was born in Tenn. I think Knoxville. Theres a story among the family that Eva decided to come to Ohio w/brother,son or maybe husband not sure? Some where along the way the male she was traveling with was murdered by white "townfolks" and displayed on a fence post to warn any other Indians not to come into their town. She ended up in clermont county where she passed years later. I have pics of Dad and Grace if this sounds familar please e-mail me spiceysprks1@aol.com
If you have anything to add to this.

Thank you
Nan
Re: Hyder
April 14, 2011 09:43PM
I don't know if this will help, but I have an ancestor, Hans Michael Hyder (also spelled Heider), whose daughter married my ancestor Jesse Millsaps. Hyder came over from Germany and settled in western NC/eastern TN, and he was involved in the Revolutionary War.

I don't have my papers at hand (I've changed over to a Mac and have to buy a new genealogy program), but you may want to look for your ancestors in the border counties of NC and TN. Some of those counties changed back and forth between the 2 states at times.

Good luck!

Julia C.
Re: Hyder
July 27, 2011 03:01AM
I did find out that my g grandmother Eva Miller had a sister named Samantha who in turn married Samuel Helton b-1869. They were all from Rockwood Tn. Her father was Casper Miller. Eva married a David Hyder(Hider) 8/26/1889. They were cherokee Indians. Eva had 2 sisters Samatha,Cora and a brother named John Jasper Miller. Eva had a daughter my grandmother Grace Hyder b-5/30/1898 d-5/21/1951. Grace married a Charles Underwood,briefly married to a Beasley. She had 2 children Gorden Beecher Beasley b-3/11/1916 Rockwood TN-d-6/1985 Clermont county Ohio.His father was a Tackett(married man). Dad was born in TN. Her daughter was Lois Renfro her father was a Sam Renfro. Sam is listed in the 1920 census under the Hyder household. Lois died at 18months . Dad (gordon) passed 06/1985. I know we are Cherokee desent. This all i know of this family. I have been told that my ancestor's were in the trail of tears but all I have are stories no proof. Would love to have proof.,and info on Henry or Harry Tackett.