Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

William Bennett d. 1806 Barren County, KY

Posted by sleonard797 
William Bennett d. 1806 Barren County, KY
April 16, 2012 05:43PM
I am looking for information on William Bennett who d. 1806 in Barren County, KY. In the "Annals of Southwest Virginia 1769-1800", there is a William Bennet who purchased property in Washington County 1775. William Bennett's will states he possessed land in Puncheon Camp Creek, TN, and left all his land to his son Stephen Bennett. My guess is that the William Bennett mentioned in Washington County MAY be someone of interest. The migration pattern would fit. Since William Bennett died prior to the pension law for Rev. War Soldiers was passed, my search has been frustrating and the fact that this is such a common name. Also mentioned in the Annal of SW VA is a William Bennett who fought in the Cherokee Expedition under Wm. Christian. William's son, Stephen, has a son James Bennett who resided in Barren County, KY. If anyone on this site could offer any assistance, I would really appreciate the help. Thank you, Sharon
Re: William Bennett d. 1806 Barren County, KY
May 22, 2012 10:10AM
Hi Sharon,
I don't really know anything about William Bennett, but I thought I could post a follow up question. I have traced my family back to a James Bennett that was born in North Carolina in 1787 and died in Columbia County, Arkansas. His son, also James (Thomas) Bennett, was born in Tennessee in 1831. Do you think it is possible that your James Bennett is also my James Bennett? In the past I did find a William Bennett connected to my James, but I had absolutely no sound proof, so I removed it from my line until it could be proven.

If I find anything about your William, I will be sure to let you know. Thanks!
Meagan