McDaniel family
June 19, 2010 09:12AM
I am looking for information on the McDaniel family. I am told by my father that my great great grandmother was full blood Cherokee Indian. I am told her name may be Martha and I think she was from Tennessee, possibly Fayette or Middle Tennessee. There is a name on the 1817 Cherokee Reservation List that caught my eye. It is Wm McDaniel. The name is consistent with my great grand father, William Thomas McDaniel. He is listed as a member "in right of wife". Finally, he enrolled for Arkansas. I was born and raised in Arkansas. My grandfather, Clarence Wesley was from arkansas and my great grandfather lived in Arkansas. If anyone has any information that would help me connect the dots, it would be sincerely appreciated.

Sincerley,

S. Wayne McDaniel
swm4111@aol.com
Re: McDaniel family
March 05, 2011 12:53AM
Hi! My name is Erika Malady and am wondering if you are related to the McDaniels of Kennett, MO. I am, and am also told i have full blooded cherokee in my family history. My grandpa was named Richard adn was cousis to Leon and Leroy Mc Daniel. Please let me know! Thank You!