Looking for the parents of Berry S Davis and Mary E Davis
February 10, 2011 02:38PM
Looking for the parents of Berry S Davis born 1884, Mary E Davis born 1888 I believe, both born in Tenn. Berry and Mary kids names James, Robert, Bessie, lessie, ethel, Lexie. any information would be great.
Thank you.
Glenn
Re: Looking for the parents of Berry S Davis and Mary E Davis
February 23, 2011 12:25AM
Hi- I was looking for my own Davis (Vincent of Hardeman TN) when I ran across your query. In family trees and census records I found Berry Sanders Davis, b. Mar 1883 in Tennessee. He was married to Mary (last name unknown), b. 1888 Tennessee. In 1918 he registered for the draft and listed "Mrs. Mary Etta Davis" as his contact. In the 1900 census he was listed under "Sanders" Davis and living with parents Thomas Davis, b.1851 in Tennessee and mother Mary b 1849. They were living in Madison, TN.

In the 1920 census Berry and Mary were living in Madison Tennessee; in the 1930 census they were listed in Chester, TN. In 1920 their children were listed as Lexie age 7, Ethel age 4 and Thomas H age 1 and 8 mos. Remember these ages will be approximate. In 1930 their family had grown considerably with numerous other children.

Listed in Davis Family Tree on ancestry.com is the following information:

Thomas Davis' father was Berry A. Davis b 1807. His mother was Artellia Boswell b1814 in North Carolina, d. 1852. Her father was Thomas Boswell 1779-1822, mother was Mary Sims 1787-1858.

If you want to view further lineage, I would suggest creating an account on ancestry.com even if just for the free 7 days. If this is not an option please let me know and I will send you what I can find.

I have just recently begun creating my family tree but have found it fascinating. Good luck with your searches.