Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NOAH NATION(S) and LAURA BELL (PARKER) NATION(S)

Posted by diannl54 
NOAH NATION(S) and LAURA BELL (PARKER) NATION(S)
October 17, 2012 03:47PM
The above individuals are my husband's maternal grandparents. Oral history has them dying one week apart in the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918. Noah had registered for WWI Draft in September, 1918, listing residence as Marlow, TN, and their children are living with relatives in the 1920 Federal Census, so his death occurred sometime between Sept 1918 and Jan 22, 1920 (date of 1920 Census in Anderson County). There are no headstones for them in the cemetery where family history says are buried -- Gibbs Cemetery in Anderson County, TN. However, the family was very poor and given the circumstances, headstones probably were never erected. I am hoping someone can give me a clue where they are definitely buried and/or how to confirm death cause, even if just verified with another family's story.

Noah's parents were John Anderson Nation and Martha (Ogle) Nation. Laura may have gone by nickname "Lou". Her parents were James A. Parker and Katherine Alice (Seay) Nation (of Cherokee descent). Children were James Anderson "Jim" Nation, Glen Franklin Nation, Hattie Alene Nation (my husband's mother), Axie Alma Nation, Stella Nation, Clifton Nation, and Bertha Lena Nation.

Any small clue of ANY kind would be very helpfu!
Diann McBee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 09:39AM by diannl54.