Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fry or Cloud in maryville

Posted by staticfax 
Fry or Cloud in maryville
June 12, 2012 09:43PM
Now that I'm going to have a baby I'm doing some family tree tracing. my great grandmother's maiden name was Anna Fry and I have heard her mothers cherokee name was Cloud. Her sister's name was Gladis. My mother has very few names to go on being that Nanna moved to MA so we've been out of touch with the TN family members. My baby's father is a member of the OK cherokee nation and Irish. I think it would be neat to finally find out about my cherokee/Irish family. I want my child to know where they come from and not just have random names and stories to go on like I did.
Re: Fry or Cloud in maryville
October 26, 2013 01:26PM
Here is an Anna Fry in Polk county in 1870........... could she be who you are loooking for?

"United States Census, 1870," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MDZB-PL4 : accessed 26 Oct 2013), Anna Fry in household of Harvy Fry, Tennessee, United States; citing p. 8, family 50, NARA microfilm publication M593, FHL microfilm 553053.
October 26, 2013 02:09PM
well my nana wasn't that old more like 1940s and her mothers maiden name was cloud. I'm having a hard time finding any info on that side of the family.
October 26, 2013 11:56PM
Name: Robert C. Walker
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 20 May 1940
Event Place: Blount, Tennessee, United States
Father's Name:
Father's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Name:
Mother's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Name: Anna Frye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lived in Blount county in the '40's?
Born in the '40's?
Married in the '40's?
What happened in the '40's?

Is Fry her maiden name?

What else might you tell me about her?

Where did cloud live? Any more info about her?
October 27, 2013 11:04AM
yes those are my great grandparents. I don't know her mothers first name just that her family name was cloud and Anna's father was also a Robert Frye. She had 2 sisters Gladis and Helen. Gladis was younger I met her when I was 8 I haven't heard if she's still alive.