Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

James B. Summar

Posted by cdholt 
James B. Summar
September 19, 2010 06:50PM
James was born about 1793 in N.C. and moved to Cannon Cty. at some point in time. In the 1850 census, he is living there with 13 of his children and no mention of a wife. The youngest child was James M. and an infant, less than a year old. Perhaps the wife died at child birtrh. Just speculation on my part. I have an 1858 last will of James, recorded at the Cannon Cty. Courthouse in Woodbury. In this he leaves his estate to his beloved wife Rebecca and daughter (?), Malinda. James would have been my gr., gr., greatgrandfather on my mothers side. I am the 6th generation and have a son and 2 grandsons. My grandsons are the 8th generation. I have several 1st cousins living here in middle TN that proudly have the name of Summar. We are trying to trace our ancestry back further. Any info would be greatly appreciated by all. I have checked in with the archivist at the Woodbury Library and unfortunately there was a fire back in the early 1900's and most of their records were destroyed. We will continue to search what records remain. I hope that someone out there has already done a lot of the research or maybe have the family history from a family bible or church records. What ever you might have I hope you are willing to share. Thank you.
Re: James B. Summar
October 07, 2011 06:08PM
James:

I have noticed your post of 9/19/2010 on this message board.

If you will contact me at: gwenboyd2@bellsouth.net

I will sent you the Summar information I have.

Thank you,
Gwen Boyd