Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webbs of davidson County

Posted by webbweaver 
Webbs of davidson County
April 24, 2010 11:45PM
I am looking for two brothers or possibly cousins from Davidson County Tennessee. Robert L Webb and William Webb. Both married into the Broyles family. Robert L is My grandfather. He married mallie Broyles in Tenn in 1890. William married Maggie Broyles in 1886 and by 1890 they had a daughter named Annie. She and my fathers siblinngs lived with their grand mother Adina Broyles in St. Louis Missouri after 1900. All the males in the Webb line cited and Samuel broyles ( of the germana Colony Broyles line) weredeceased by then except for Samuel and Adina's son John Broyles a plumber. aqnyone have any idea how I might find more information on this Webb line....that may be related to Boones, Bean, Capt. Mathew Webb. Thanks
Re: Webbs of davidson County
September 23, 2010 09:17PM
Try familysearch.org for a start: The Search/Advanced Record Search Pilot. I found marriage information for both, and most likely you can find census information for them there also, with possible parents, etc. in either Davidson Co., or MO. Also online are some death certificates, so maybe you'll find something there. Have you tried RootsWeb?
Re: Webbs of davidson County
October 10, 2010 12:41PM
Rootsweb has a mailing list for the Webb surname. I also was able to find a family tree that included William L. Webb. It was the Price/Avery/Wilson/Stanley and family tree. It shows Roberts parents as James Webb and Mary Byars. I also found that Roberts wife was referred to as Mollie or Molla according to a Broyles family tree.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Jane
evancol@yahoo.com

www.sites.google.com/site/davidsoncounty/
www.TNGenWeb.org