Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

County Coordinator

Posted by evancol 
County Coordinator
April 26, 2010 11:12AM
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Jane, the Davidson County Coordinator for TNGenWeb. If I can do anything to help anyone in their search, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to point you toward any resources I am aware of. You can reach me here on the TNGenWeb query board (username evancol), or through the Davidson County web site.

When doing your research, don't forget to check out all of the great projects that TNGenWeb has on the main site, there is a wealth of information in those projects.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can help you in any way.

jane
Davidson County
TNGenWeb
Re: County Coordinator
September 13, 2010 05:54PM
Jane,

My great-grandparents lived on the Cumberland River in TN. I have been told that it was Davidson County. This was back in the 1800's. Thomas William Roberts and Mollie Amanda Chatham Roberts were their names. I have been unable to go further in the lineage and was wondering if you could direct me. My understanding is that Mollie's mother was a Cherokee. I have been unable to locate her name. I know that Mollie's father was Will Chatham but have not found anything to locate the mother.
October 10, 2010 12:25PM
There is nothing like being SLOW to respond. I'm really sorry. Have had family illness and have not checked the board in awhile.

But, how about this.

According to the 1880 census, Mollie Amanda Chatham was 22 years old (born 1858) and was living with her parents, William and Sarah Chatham in Nashville. Also in the house were siblings:

Thomas age 27
Mary age 24
Joanna age 14
Edward Age 6
Addie Age 1

I have a copy of the census page for you if you want to e-mail me so I can send it (evancol@yahoo.com).

Also, you may find more on Mollie or her family by using this Access Genealogy. It is a genealogy site for Native Americans.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Jane
evancol@yahoo.com

www.sites.google.com/site/davidsoncounty/
www.TNGenWeb.org
January 31, 2013 10:23PM
I am trying to find definite information on my great great grandfather, William James Orr. I am told he was born in Nashville, Tennessee, Davidson County. I do know he migrated to Missouri and stayed there until his death. Iam also told his mother was Talitha Orr who was born in North Carolina. Who do I contact to try to find information on William James Orr?